What the Hack?
Welcome to the Culture Hack Dojo! In this module, you will learn how to’ wax on wax off’ an actual culture hack!
With your narrative strategy (from Module 7) in your left hand and your point of view (from Module 4) in your right hand, you will enter into the creative process of disseminating your narratives in the world.
To do this we need to define our message, our meme, the tone of our message, the media format we will use, and the right moment to hack.
- The message is the translation of your new frame into words. Imagine you are tweeting your new narrative.
- The meme is the condensation of that message into a simple cultural unit that can jump quickly from mind to mind.
- The tone refers to the emotions that are evoked through your message and that you are spreading in the conversation
- The media is the best format and platform to reach your target audience. Are you hip-hopping, break dancing, slam poeting, artisting, graffiti tagging, singing, writing, speaking, or creating a campaign. What are you doing?
- And finally…. choosing the right moment in time and space to seed your hack is crucial in making the most impact.
As a final reflection, it is important to ask yourself the following questions
- What are the implications of this work for me personally?
- What are the implications of this work for my community?
- And what are the implications of this work for the planet?
Always remember wax on, wax off narratives that are in service of life. Now you are ready to create your first culture hack.
Crane kick, Hack!
- The process of launching a culture hack is an iterative one, that involves trials and errors. Some things might work, and others might not work. As a result, we recommend testing, monitoring, and evaluating.